With 2017’s beginning approaching the subject of growing up has been at the forefront of my mind and with that I’ve been reflecting on my beauty journey. My taste in makeup has changed drastically, I’m much more into the natural approach and Glossier is the ideal brand for enhancing all my natural features.
One of the avenues to my heart is thru any beauty product promising a “lit from within” complexion. So the instant my eyes caught sight of one of Glossier’s newest serums, Super Glow a.k.a apart of The Supers Squad, it was practically already in my shopping cart. My #1 way to work with this serum is to mix it in with my BB cream, you can say I’m an expert at making my own foundation cocktail.
The Boy Brow‘s constituency leans more towards the pomade side of things while getting the hold & pigmentation of a tinted brow gel. From day one its had its own spot on my vanity top and there is no sign of it being pushed to the back of my makeup drawers anytime soon. Trick: I’ve used this before as mascara for my lower lash line and let me just say, it has completely changed my mascara game.
In my family we have this saying that we’re continuously telling each other, we’re ride or die and that’s exactly how I feel towards the Stretch Concealer. It makes your undereyes look as though you haven’t stayed up until 1 am binge watching Law & Order and snap chatting your best friend!
The dewy skin has been in full effect recently so Glossier’s Haloscope in Topaz arrived at the perfect time. A turn off for me when it comes to cream highlighters is that sometimes they don’t melt into the skin for that naturally glistening affect. I’m all about those glossy borderline sweaty cheekbones and Haloscope continues to be my partner in crime for all things glowy.
The beauty world has been killing it as of late with countless cutting edge beauty launches. From Colourpop doing their take on the infamous brow pomade to Maybelline showing off some sneak peeks back stage at Fashion Week. Oh, and have you seen Urban Decay’s Summer 2016 Collection. I have my eye out for there Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector so much so that I might be placing a sneaky order tonight. You see I’m not even done typing up this post and I’m already getting myself to go online shopping.
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip: I’ve had an incurable hunger for one of Colourpop’s latest releases and to make matters worse the shade Mess Around has caught my eye. I’d characterize this shade as a grunge lip for us natural girls.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: I’m all about a first-class matte lip so when a review from none other then Lily Pebbles popped into my Bloglovin’ feed raving about a brown mauve matte lip color (Bahama) I couldn’t help but press buy in my online shopping cart.
- Burberry Fresh Glow BB Cream: All it took for me to longing want this was the sheer fact that it says fresh glow in the name of it. Need I say more, I think not.
- Diptyque Feu de Bois Candle: A while back I received a mini size of the Jasmin candle from Diptyque and the second I light the candle I knew I had been sucked it. Now I’m over here drooling over a woody scent and picturing it burning in my room.
- Glossier Boy Brow: The department of brows has constantly been the one aspect of my makeup regime I haven’t fully grasped yet. I mean it’s well over a year since the last time I got my brows threaded, don’t get me wrong they looked bomb afterwards but the whole getting their part wasn’t so easy. But I’ve made a promise to my mom (hopefully she forgets) that within the next couple of weeks I’ll take the plunge and get them threaded so I feel as though the Glossier Boy Brow would be perfect for a no fuss brow routine.
- Makeup Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer: A primer can either make or break the way your makeup lays on your skin. It seems everyone and their mom has raved about Makeup Forever’s Primer range so when I heard that their is a hydrating version I couldn’t resist dragging it to my online shopping cart.
Us beauty enthusiasts always have that one brand that is without a doubt on their lust list and for me that is Glossier. From their minimalistic approach on packaging to the whole basis of the brand. It’s save to assume that I’ve been glossified. Oh, and we can’t forget their aesthetically pleasing IG.
Now if you’re a little curious on where Glossier came from their is no need to fret, I’ve got you covered. Emily Weiss (founder of Into The Gloss) designed & developed a line of products that are a necessity for the everyday girl.
- Milky Jelly Cleanser: It was love at first pump for me and Glossier’s newest release. From the rose scent that accompanied it to the softness of my skin afterwards, I can’t seem to spot a flaw in it.
- Soothing Face Mist: I’m by no means a big league when it comes to knowing what makes a good face mist but whenever I use this I feel as though I might have cracked the code. This along with their cleanser has been a dynamic duo in my skincare routine as of late.
- Priming Moisturizer: The moment my ears heard the name of this product it was practically in my cart already. This creme is the ultimate fuse of a day and night moisturizer all while priming the skin.
- Perfecting Skin Tint: If there is one area of makeup I pride myself on it’s knowing what lightweight base to go for and let me say that this skin tint has checked all the boxes for me.
- Balm Dotcom:There couldn’t be a name more fitting when conversing about this gem. It has stolen the top position in my lip balm stockpile. I’ve fallen in love with this skin salve so quickly that I’ve already introduced it to my mom.
All the hype around Glossier hasn’t been misplaced whatsoever. So the question is now: When are you going to be glossified?